This is one of our favorites! My hubby approves and asks for it often. It’s a great crowd pleaser, and the leftovers (if there are any) are awesome the next day. Because there is so much meat with the salami and the bacon, this pasta salad is hearty enough as a meal in itself. I’ve served this as a side to some grilling favorites, and also as a beautiful salad for a ladies’ dinner or buffet.
The portions here are quite large because I seem to pull out this recipe when serving a crowd.
Best Pasta Salad
This is a great side dish or a meal in itself!
Write a review
- 1 pkg. maple cured bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- 1 lb. hard salami, cubed
- 1 lb. cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 cup dill pickles, chopped
- 1 cup olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- 2 medium sized red or yellow bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 lbs. macaroni noodles, dry
- 1 cup whipped salad dressing
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1. Cook noodles to al dente. Drain and rinse. Place in 2 large salad bowls, or 1 huge salad bowl.
- 2. Combine Salad Dressing, garlic, seasoned salt, pepper, and cayenne. Mix well and set aside.
- 3. Add all remaining ingredients to the cooled pasta.
- 4. Stir in the dressing until well combined.
- 5. Refrigerate until serving.
- Flavors are best when it has been refrigerated for at least 2 hours.