Crockpot Barbecue Baked Beans
Easy and filling side dish for grilling or barbecue meals.
Write a review
- 1 can ranch style beans or barbecue baked beans
- 2 cans black beans, drained
- 1 can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can light red beans, drained
- 1 can great white northern beans, drained
- 1 lbs. ground beef
- 1/2 pkg. bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt (to taste)
- Brown the ground beef and put in the crock pot. Saute the chopped onion and bacon together until crispy, then add them into the crock pot. Add remaining ingredients and stir. Cook on high for a half hour until temperature comes up. Turn the temperature to low and cook for another 3 1/2 hours until flavor is incorporated and mixture has reduced some.
- Use any beans you have on hand, but the ranch style beans are essential to the flavor. I like the different colored beans to give a sort of calico beans look.